Skip to main content

Abelbjj Blackbelt Promotion by Sergio Zimmermann Canudo & Carlson Gracie Jr.

 

I would like to share with all of you my promotion to black belt, a very important day for all of us who share the same passion. A day full of emotions, not because of the change of color, if not for the memories and remembrances it brought me back.

I started doing Jiu Jitsu in one of the worst stages of my life, where I had practically lost everything, girlfriend, house, family, job... Some very dark and difficult times, where Jiu Jitsu was always there, with which I learned to move forward no matter how many times I had to tap on the mats as in life. I am not going to lie; I was in this situation, at least for 1 year, trying to find solutions, the way not to change country and to stay united to my family, but the more time passed without solutions the more I got dark, starting to lose sense to life... slowly falling into a depression. So I decided to make a decision that I had been trying to avoid for a long time, to leave everything behind, and to launch myself into an adventure in another country. This situation forced me to change and to look for alternatives for my situation in another place, Germany had always good economy and jobs such as construction, where he was already experienced.

With 80 euros in my wallet, one-way flight and not knowing when I would be able to return to my country, I left. Jiu Jitsu made my integration to the country a little bit faster, due to the friends I made at the Carlson Gracie Germany, and thanks to the Coach there who understanding my situation let me train at his school as long as I competed for the team. It was quite complicated to adapt to this new situation, new country, complicated language, weather, people´s personalities, and distance from my loved ones. Loneliness and sadness were present in my daily life for a long period. Thanks to Jiu Jitsu and new friendships, I got a stable job, and economic stability and the possibility to help my parents. After years of hard work, daily training and no rest, I managed to open my own Jiu Jitsu academy in Saarbrücken, Casa de Luta Saarbrücken, with my wife Katrin. She also a Jiu Jitsu practitioner and faithful support since the beginning in Germany. 

Jiu Jitsu has given me the strength to keep going no matter the situation. To look for ways out, to be patient, not to despair, to accept situations in which one is not happy or wish they were different. Jiu Jitsu has surrounded me with people that I sincerely love. It has taught me to believe in myself and to help others in the same way. Jiu Jitsu has given me practically everything I am and have today. I can say that Jiu Jitsu is everything to me.


We are located in:

Casa De Luta FightKlub Saarbrücken (Eingang im Hinterhof) Mainzer Str. 30 66111 Saarbrücken Email: acasadeluta@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pierre Manzo and Arthur Leroy from Jiu Jitsu Family at Casa de Luta Saarbrücken

  Yesterday, Saturday, we had the visit of our brother and good friend, Pierre Manzo , black belt under Robert Drysdale , and Head Coach at Jiu Jitsu Family. Along with him, one of his students, a talented 20 year old monster, who has been training already, in teams like the B-Team in Texas with Craig Jones, Nick Rodriguez, Nicky Ryan, Oliver Taza, etc..    The Open Mat started as usual at Casa de Luta Saarbrücken at 11:00, where every team is welcome and completely free of charge. Pierre and I got together for more than an hour where we were able to kill each other and exchange knowledge during the rolls, as well as help him with the mechanics of some of my leglocks. I also had the opportunity to roll with Arthur, Pierre's talented young student, a very technical guy with great precision on his attacks, with very good guard passes to back take, dangerous! Very dangerous. So I had to be careful with my leg attacks, avoiding at all times exposing my back by actively changing positi

BJJ SAARBRÜCKEN: Trivium’s Matt Heafy “BJJ is a way of life”

  Matt Kiichi Heafy  is one the many rock stars bitten by the Brazilian jiu-jitsu bug. The 31-year-old lead singer and guitarist for the heavy metal band Trivium has been training BJJ since 2013 (ten years after the band’s first album), and he has developed such a fondness for the Gracie art that he brings a trainer and a set of mats around with him on tour. Even if you’re not a heavy metal fan, you’re probably familiar with Matt Heafy. Last year, our very own Emil Fischer  sat down with him  to talk about his love of Brazil’s soft art. Yesterday afternoon, Emil once again sat down with Heafy, who’s now a two-stripe purple belt. This time, though, I had the pleasure of joining in. The three of us talked about leg locks and Heafy’s love for Eddie Cummings’ style, a style which Matt sadly feels he has inadequately replicated. He even went so far as to apologize to Cummings for it. He also found out that for Matt Heafy, the saying “BJJ is a way of life” is more than just a cliche.  Brazil

Mark Ewen vs Noah Gugnon at Bellator MMA 299

  As I have been previously announced about Noah Gugnon future, our Casa de Luta MMA Saarbrücken fighter, signed with Bellator MMA for the event on Saturday, September 29th in Dublin, Ireland.  Noah Gugnon will face Mark Ewen, Ranked as the number-one amateur in the UK before he turned professional. Noah Gugnon 4-0-0 Entering Dublin for his Bellator debut as well. France’s Gugnon already has a fight booked for June 10th, as he looks to match Mark’s four-and-zero record at Kingdom Fighting 1. He possesses a purple belt in BJJ evidenced by two submission victories on his record. He also holds a KO victory, with a 3-0 record. Unbleamisged as an amateur as well. However, he only competed once. Mark Ewen 4-0-0 A fighter who is one of the best and brightest to emerge from Scotland. Fans of Ewen will tell you just how good he is. 4-0 as a professional, finishing all four. Three by way of knockout and a lone submission via anaconda choke. Looking to continue his rise, Ewen hopes he can show th